A Riding Expedition is a journey on horseback, which may entail a few hardships but reward you with an experience to remember and scenery, which you might otherwise not have the opportunity to see.Get Offer
- 5 h riding
- 1 h Horseback riding lesson ( training and safety briefing )
- Safety equipment ( helmets for riding )
- Picnic lunch ( Traditional sheep cheese from the region, homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of traditional, homemade rakija )
- Presentation of old farming techniques
- ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
This is an adrenalin ride, which is taking you around the highest peaks of the Bistra Mountain, facing the Korab massive (2,764 meters/ 9068ft) and enjoy the wonderful panoramic view of the Mavrovo Lake and the great mountain horizon.
By visiting several sheep farms, this trip will get you closer to the Shepherd’s life and will offer you the possibility to get familiar with the Shepherds’ daily routines and to taste some traditional white cheese and yogurt as well.
Our guides will take you up to the highest peaks and then down to Galichnik and SHERPA RANCH. Coming back at the SHERPA RANCH you will have picnic lunch during which everyone tastes the fresh Galicnik cheese directly from the local farms, along with some homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of rakija.
This is a soul-rewarding ride with breathtaking scenery.
AGENDA ( 1 departure hour per day: at 9.00h )
- 9:00 – arrival at SHERPA RANCH ( CHECK IN and safety equipment hangout )
- 9:30 – Safety briefing and horseback riding training
- 10:30 – The riding to CAUSHICA sheep farm starts
- 12:00 – Break at the CAUSHICA sheep farm ( presentation of old farming techniques and cheese making process as well as getting close to the Shepherd’s life )
- 12:15 – The riding back to the SHERPA RANCH starts
- 13:45 – Arrival at the RACH ( picnic lunch )