A Riding Expedition is a journey on horseback, which may entail a few hardships but reward you with an experience to remember and scenery, which you might otherwise not have the opportunity to see.Get Offer
- 4,5 h riding
- 1 h Horseback riding lesson ( training and safety briefing )
- Safety equipment ( helmets for riding )
- Picnic lunch ( Traditional sheep cheese from the region, homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of traditional, homemade rakija )
- Presentation of old farming techniques
- ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
This is an exclusive mountain rid Departing from the ranch, our guide will lead you through the endless pastures of the Bistra Mountain up to the SALTANICA sheep farm. On this ride you will have the opportunity to face the highest pick of Medenica ( 2136 m ) and taste the freshness of the wild mountain spirit.
By visiting the sheep farm SALTANICA, you will get closer to the Shepherd’s life and you will have the possibility to get familiar with the Shepherds’ daily routines that include the process of making white cheese and yogurt in a traditional, GALICHNIK way. Coming back at the SHERPA RANCH, you will have picnic lunch, during which everyone tastes the fresh Galichnik cheese dirеctly from the SALTANICA farm with some homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of rakija. Cheers!!!
AGENDA ( 1 departure hours per day: at 9.00h)
- 9:00 – arrival at the SHERPA RANCH ( CHECK IN and safety equipment hangout )
- 9:30 – Safety briefing and horseback riding training
- 10:30 – The riding to SALTANICA sheep farm starts
- 12:00 – Break at SALTANICA sheep farm ( presentation of old farming techniques and cheese making process as well as getting close to the Shepherd’s life )
- 12:15 – The riding back to the SHERPA RANCH starts
- 13:45 – Arrival at the RACH ( picnic lunch )