A Riding Expedition is a journey on horseback, which may entail a few hardships but reward you with an experience to remember and scenery, which you might otherwise not have the opportunity to see.Get Offer
- 3 h riding
- 1 h Horseback riding lesson ( training and safety briefing )
- Safety equipment ( helmets for riding )
- Picnic lunch ( Traditional sheep cheese from the region, homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of traditional, homemade rakija )
- Presentation of old farming techniques
- ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
This is a mountain ride, which is taking you to the endless pastures of the Bistra Mountain to the traditional sheep farm RUSIN. On this ride you will have the opportunity to face the highest pick of Medenica ( 2136 m ) with an incredible view of the most picturesque side of Stogovo massive (2,218 m ). Riding through the endless fields and rocky trails, you will experience something new and different in your life.
By visiting the old sheep farm of RUSIN, you will get closer to the Shepherd’s life and you will have the possibility to get familiar with the Shepherds’ daily routines that include the process of making white cheese and yogurt in a traditional, GALICHNIK way. Coming back at the SHERPA RANCH, you will have picnic lunch, during which everyone tastes the fresh Galichnik cheese dirеctly from the Rusin farm with some homemade pie, fresh vegetables and a shot of rakija. Cheers!!!
AGENDA ( 2 departure hours per day: at 9.00h and at 13.00h )
- 9:00 / 13:00 – arrival at SHERPA RANCH ( CHECK IN and safety equipment hangout )
- 9:30 / 13:30 – Safety briefing and horseback riding training
- 10:30 / 14:30 – The riding to RUSIN sheep farm starts
- 12:00 / 16:00 – Break at RUSIN sheep farm ( presentation of the old farming techniques and cheese making process as well as getting close to the Shepherd’s life )
- 12:15 / 16:15 – The riding back to the SHERPA RANCH starts
- 13:45 / 17:45 – Arrival at the RANCH ( picnic lunch )